We allow all brands of shoes, tights and clothes.
If you'd like to buy in person, we highly recommend Marin Dancewear at 5420 Nave Drive.
See bottom for online shoe links.
- Leotard (Any Color)
- Pink tights (Tights are required, not suggested!)
- Fitted shorts or ballet skirts are allowed over tights and leotard
- Int and above: Pink Split Sole Canvas Ballet Slippers
- Preschool, Primary, and Beginning: Pink Ballet Slippers (Canvas or Leather)
- Hair MUST be pulled back in a bun (Or headband, if students have short hair)
- FOR BOYS: Plain black pants or workout pants, but they should be black, shorts may be worn as long as they are not too baggy, black ballet shoes.
Hip Hop, Broadway, Musicals:
- Comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement
- Hip Hop: Clean, white sneakers that are used exclusively for dance class to protect floors High or low-tops are fine.)
- Broadway: Tan split sole jazz shoes
- Acting: Clean sneakers to protect our floors
- Mini Musical: Either clean, white sneakers that are used exclusively for dance class to protect floors High or low-tops are fine or you can wear jazz shoes.
- Middle School and High School Musicals: Usually black or tan jazz shoes, but please wait until show begins rehearsal for more info
Other Dance Styles:
- Leotard, sports bra, or fitted top
- Jazz pants, leggings, or fitted shorts LEGGINGS ARE PREFERRED (they allow for the most movement and are best for floor work)
- Jazz, Contemporary, Character, Improv: tan or caramel split sole jazz shoes, half soles are also allowed in class but students will likely need to have jazz shoes for performances
- Preschool and Primary Jazz Shoes: Either clean, white sneakers that are used exclusively for dance class to protect floors High or low-tops are fine or you can wear jazz shoes.
- Preschool, Primary, and Beginning Tap Shoes: Black oxford style tap shoes (not shiny).
- For dancers in Middle School and High School Tap: Shiny tap shoes are acceptable but the non-shiny shoes are preferred.
You are allowed to wear any brand of shoes, but if you are looking for some, here are some ideas:
Hip Hop White Sneakers:
Tan Jazz Shoes:
Black Tap Shoes:
Weissmans Black Stretch: $30
Weissmans Black ties: $30
Primary Tap Shoes:
Black velcro: $28
Shoes for primary, preschool: $17
Shoes for elementary and above: $24